Friday 10 March 2017

A Great Week! Week Ending: 10.3.17



In Maths this week we have been doing the inverse of multiplication which is division. We have used sharing strategies and arrays to solve division number sentences and division word problems.

This week in English we read the story 'The Hunter'. Then we wrote a setting description and our challenge was to include expanded noun phrases and adverbs.

The blue, shimmering river was calm under the red, hot sun. Jamina splashed happily in the cool river. 


During PSHE we created mind maps and posters about road safety. 
"At traffic lights the red man means stop and wait." Kara
" When you cross the road you need to hold an adults hand." Charlotte
" You should always look left and right before crossing a road." Theo.


Congratulations to Ciara who will be taking home Snowy our learning owl. This week Ciara took the time to teach another friend in Chestnut Class how to skip.

Well done to Edrich for being a kind and caring friend. 

2 comments:

  1. This week I enjoyed reading the story of the Hunter today I enjoyed it in English when we were trying to work out where the comma was when it belongs to someone. In Maths I liked it when we were doing motibcaishon nomber sentences.In PSHE I liked leaning road safety. Grace M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Maths this week because I learnt how to divide. I know that 10 divided by 5 = 2. I used arrays to work out division number sentences.

    1..
    2..
    3..
    4..
    5..

    Hollie Burgess

    ReplyDelete